At Disability Network of Mid-Michigan, we utilize the expertise of our staff to promote and encourage independence for all persons with disabilities. As a Center for Independent Living, over 50% of our staff have disabilities, making us the disability experts in your community. If you are interested in working with people with disabilities in order build accessible and inclusive communities, see the information below. Thank you for your interest!
Nursing Facility Transition Navigator
Disability Network of Mid-Michigan (DNMM), a non-profit organization advocating for people with disabilities, is hiring a full time Transition Coordinator for its Nursing Facility Transition program. The primary job functions of this position are to:
- Provide direct service to Medicaid recipients residing in nursing facilities, who desire to live in the community
- Assess the needs of consumers
- Arrange for, schedule, coordinate, and assist with consumer transitions
- Provide follow up services, including coordination and support
- Collaborate with Nursing Facilities and other Agencies to facilitate the consumer’s move to the community
- Provide information and referral services as requested
The ideal candidate will have experience with advocacy and disability, knowledge of person centered planning/self-determination as it relates to people with disabilities, and experience in accessing community based resources. Experience with maintaining a caseload and required documentation is preferred.
1) Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Michigan, or
2) Social Worker licensed in the State of Michigan, or
3) Non-licensed or other licensed health care professionals with the following qualifications:
A bachelor’s degree in a health or human services field Community Health Worker certification, at least three years of experience in the provision of health or social services.
Details of the position:
Mileage reimbursed (regular travel to multi-county area is required)
40 hours per week
Benefits: paid time off, medical, group life, long term disability insurance, and AFLAC benefits are available
People with disabilities encouraged to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume by 3/12/21 to:
Disability Network of Mid-Michigan
1705 S. Saginaw Rd, Midland, MI 48640
Or via e-mail to
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Independent Living Assistants
Whether you're seeking full-time employment or just a few hours of part-time work:
YOU can make a difference in someone's life! YOU can help a person with a disability live independently!
As part of our Bay County Independent Living Assistance program, you provide personalized support to individuals who need assistance accessing support in their communities. You work directly with the consumer to help them meet their goals and create the lifestyle they choose.
WAGES: $10 - $10.50 PER HOUR
Must have a valid Michigan Drivers License with a good driving record, with dependable and insured transportation. Must be able to pass a criminal background check. Training will be provided.
If you want to make a difference, please call 989-895-2363.